TeamWorks creates ‘wow’ with a B1G experience in the Conference’s headquarters
Founded in 1896, the Big Ten Conference is comprised of 14 world-class academic institutions who share the common missions of research, education, and public service. They have a deep sports tradition supported by the largest alumni base in the nation.
When the conference decided to move their corporate headquarters in 2013, they wanted a space in the new building to showcase their legendary brand. Telling the brand stories of 14 unique universities in a 2,900 square foot area, however, presented a challenge in space and message.
TeamWorks’ overarching strategy had two phases: Phase One included discovery, creative and strategy. Phase Two was execution.
Opting for cutting edge technology, smart design, and targeted storytelling over dusty trophy cases and old-fashioned uniforms, TeamWorks delivered the B1G Experience, an engaging and experiential branded space that perfectly captures the Big Ten’s mix of athletic excellence and academic impact.
Specific tactics included:
- Creation of specific visitor funnels designed to ensure that key brand attributes are available at every turn
- Construction of the B1G Theater – a space that provides immersive visual experiences that reinforce the brand tenets of the Big Ten
- Development of interactive touchscreen kiosks with state of the art navigation, allowing viewers to “choose their own adventure” from famous buzzer beaters, fantastic football finishes, biographies of sports icons and more – there are customized videos representing every school and sport
- Celebration of noted graduates through the “Letters from Alumni” exhibit
- Visitor features like a Heisman pose photo area and interactive sports games
TeamWorks delivered “wow” for the Big Ten Conference on time and on-budget.
We’ve worked with Teamworks Media on a number of projects. The Big Ten Experience presented them with a tough challenge and they delivered.
– Jim Delany, Commisioner Big Ten Conference