Big Ten Network
Creating an engaged community through social good
Launched in 2007, The Big Ten Network is the official television network for the Big Ten Conference.
The Big Ten Network has a variety of disparate yet equally important audiences. In order to connect these audiences and showcase the greater impact of the Big Ten Conference, they needed university programming that would transcend individual universities and their affiliated athletic programs.
BTN LiveBIG was created to bring the socially impactful works of Big Ten universities to audiences beyond Big Ten campuses, providing opportunities to get involved and make a difference.
TeamWorks launched a cross-platform campaign; it started out as a television program, then expanded to digital and social platforms in the 2013-2014 season. TeamWorks creates and manages all aspects of the year-round campaign, including:
- BTN LiveBIG vignettes airing on the Big Ten Network during highly-trafficked football, basketball, and other collegiate sports, showcasing inspiring and impactful stories off the field
- An online community, featuring daily original articles profiling students, faculty, and alumni who are making a positive dent in the world hosted at www.btnlivebig.com
- Content promotion through BTN LiveBIG social channels and directly to the organizations most impacted by the work being done at Big Ten universities
BTN LiveBIG continues to grow and reach audiences within and outside the Big Ten community with original and impactful storytelling. The ongoing campaign was expanded after university stakeholders experienced tangible benefits in the 2013-2014 academic year, including:
- BTN LiveBIG vignettes airing on the Big Ten Network received 41.6 million viewers
- Audiences exposed to BTN LiveBIG social media content reached 4.3 million
- The BTN LiveBIG campaign contributed nearly 20% of BTN.com’s traffic growth for the year
- Hundreds of satisfied profile story subjects shared the emotionally engaging stories online, further magnifying the effects above