Man, that was one of the most stressful headlines I’ve written in some time. There is some serious navel-gazing when you execute a podcast on content marketing and host the world’s best craftsmen.
Andy Crestodina, the co-founder and Chief Marketing Office of Orbit Media, became the first repeat guest in Brand Story Inc. history and you’ll quickly learn why. He’s been obsessing about “How to Write Great Headlines” this year as a key focus for maximum impact on content marketing search engine optimization (SEO). Hence, my stress in seeing if today’s headline managed to pull you through to this sentence.
The headline on headlines
On today’s episode, we dig in on what’s changed in maximizing search effectiveness for content, misconceptions of content hubs’ direct impact on lead generation, and the fundamentals all content marketers should be doing as a healthy check-up on their own functions.
Over the past 20 years, Andy has provided digital marketing advice to 1000+ businesses, he’s a regular keynote speaker at the biggest marketing conferences, and is also the author of Content Chemistry: The Illustrated Handbook for Content Marketing. His award-winning content has built his bona fides to include being on Forbes’ Top 50 Marketing Influencer list and Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top 20 Content Marketing Influencers on Twitter.
If you like today’s episode, I strongly encourage you to double down and listen to Andy’s 2020 Brand Story, Inc. appearance here.
Andy will be speaking at Content Marketing World, this September 28 – October 1 in Cleveland, Ohio and is part three of a five-episode series promoting #CMWorld. If you click here to the Content Marketing World registration and use the promo code BRANDSTORY100, you’ll get $100 off your entry.
Here are the highlights of our conversation:
- What Content Marketing World attendees can expect from his workshop “From Keyphrases to Content: The SEO Workshop for Hands-On Marketers”.
- For the “hands-off” SEO folks, like me, what are some of the highlights of what has changed and is changing that we should know about in non-technical terms?
- Evaluating competition and keyphrase difficulty.
- Insights and tips on content that really hits the mark in regards to search relevance.
- Andy explains how and why content hubs and content marketing efforts rarely result in a direct B2B business lead. Yet, the benefits are measurably important.
- Orbit Media as a case study and how $6M in annual revenue comes from $0 in advertising through their content marketing efforts.
- Why headline writing would be the #1 update to his fantastic, must-have content marketing book, Content Chemistry: The Illustrated Handbook for Content Marketing.
I invite you to follow Andy on Twitter @Crestodina where you can get daily insights on content like we discussed today.
We want to hear from you. Share this podcast, give us your feedback and hit me up with topic suggestions and guest ideas. Brand Story, Inc. is for you, so let’s make it great together. You can ping me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @_JaySharman. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!