In today’s episode of Brand Story Inc., Corey Leff, the creator of sports business email newsletter, John WallStreet, takes time to share his journey of building a brand from scratch to being acquired by Sports Illustrated.
John WallStreet on Brand Story Inc.
John Wallstreet’s 43% open rate with the biggest movers and shakers in the sports industry – billionaire sports owners, league and team executives and a who’s who in the sports media executive suite – didn’t happen overnight. His daily deep dive in to one subject matter is filling a sports business marketplace void – a niche within a niche – that all of us can learn from in the value over volume equation. Here are just a few of the topics we covered:
- What sports’ highest level executives are saying about the post-COVID-19 business.
- Emerging opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors in the new sports world.
- Corey’s journey from Wall Street researcher to becoming a Sports Illustrated-branded “must” email subscription for top sports business minded people.
- Tips, insights and best practices for email content products.
- Advice for brands looking to build direct-to-consumer content that provides value.
- How the heck you stay on top of 200+ google alerts per day!