Brand Story Inc. has been getting the all-access media pass to some legendary sports team brands’ content studios, lately. Two episodes ago, Leo McCafferty took us inside the Pittsburgh Penguins’ content operation and provided us with some compelling takeaways. Today, Matt Romito, the executive producer and head honcho for all content that touches Chicago Cubs fans – from the digital world to within the Friendly Confines – goes deep with us on a wide range of brand-storytelling and content trends for one of the most iconic brands in sports.
Here are the highlights:
- The Chicago Cubs’ content studio’s organizational structure, staff positions and workflow evolution
- The quality and quantity sweet spots to build and engage their unique following
- Audience segmentation and success metric development
- Athletes as media companies and future challenges related to access
- Innovations borne out of the pandemic, including workflows and content innovation
- Finding and repurposing non-traditional content sources
- The future of audience building and content engagement for the Cubs
- Morning Musts – who Matt follows and trusts for industry trend intel
- Bedside Book Stack – recommended reads
Thanks for your continued outreach, feedback and support! Keep the topic ideas, guest recommendations, likes and dislikes coming! Ping me on LinkedIn to connect.