If you’ve been following any part of the NCAA March Madness tournament on social media, you’ve likely seen PointsBet promotions. The Australian-rooted sports betting company has become one of the major players in the nascent U.S. market.
Betting big on content
Today, Rick Martira, PointsBet USA’s chief marketing officer, joins Brand Story, Inc. to shed some light on how sports content consumption is changing and how his team is leveraging their burgeoning content studio and partnerships to boost growth.
Rick has been at PointsBet since October 2018, helping put them on the U.S. map in a cluttered landscape with a focus on quality content creation. Prior to PointsBet, Rick led global marketing and media campaigns for some of the largest brands and premiere agencies in the world including EA Games, Cannon, Delta, Hasbro, GroupM and Digitas.
Here are the highlights of what we discussed:
- PointsBet’s differentiation in the sports betting arms race
- The marketplace’s media partnership explosion, including PointsBet USA’s deal with NBCUniversal and how these marriages work
- PointsBet’s content studio approach and social presence with journalists and social influencers
- In-sourcing vs. out-sourcing: the decision making philosophy
- Live sports content consumption and imminent changes based on sports betting integration
- Advice for brands and marketers looking to align and integrate with sports betting
- Future trends in sports betting content
- And, a look at Rick’s Monday Morning Musts and our Brand Story, Inc. book club recommendations
We want to hear from you. Share this podcast, give us your feedback and hit me up with topic suggestions and guest ideas. Brand Story, Inc. is for you, so let’s make it great together. You can ping me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @_JaySharman. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!
More for you: