If today’s Brand Story, Inc. episode sounds particularly candid, it’s because our admired guest, Gini Dietrich is a friend of 15+ years. Gini is the founder and CEO of Spin Sucks, host of the Spin Sucks podcast, and author of Spin Sucks (the book). She is the creator of the PESO Model and has crafted a certification for it in partnership with Syracuse University. You’re going to love her no-nonsense, no holds barred approach to PR and content marketing. She is co-author of Marketing in the Round, co-host of Inside PR, and co-host of The Agency Leadership podcast.
Here are the highlights of our conversation:
- Origin Story. How Spin Sucks came to be, where she started and where things are now.
- The Business Model Basics. The big mistake Gini made starting her online offering and how she course-corrected to create the PESO (Paid, Earned, Social, Owned) certification in conjunction with Syracuse University’s Newhouse School of Communications.
- Case Study Deep Dive. One of Gini’s favorite projects that offers you insights.
- Communication Cliff Notes. Surprising highlights from her recent communicators’ survey.
- Success metrics. Simple, no bullshit, best practices.
- Leadership lessons. The advice to herself, in hindsight.
- Morning Musts. Or in this case, evening musts. Gini’s approach to industry knowledge.
- Bedside Bookstand. What she’s reading for fun, aka my version of GoodReads.
We want to hear from you. Share this podcast, give us your feedback and hit me up with topic suggestions and guest ideas. Brand Story, Inc. is for you, so let’s make it great together. You can ping me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @_JaySharman. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!