Content Marketing World, the globe’s premiere content marketing conference, re-convened in person (and virtually) in Cleveland from September 28 to October 21 and I was there to soak it all in.
Today, I swap chairs to become a guest as Brand Story, Inc. Our producer John Tolley hosts this episode and puts me on the hot seat to share the latest trends, themes, tactics, takeaways and new resources for our brand marketers and content studio executive listening audience.
In this episode, John and I get into TeamWorks Media’s Relationship Content Marketing approach and how it ultimately led to personable, valuable conversations at Content Marketing World. The keynote speakers are a who’s-who of Brand Story, Inc. guests, including Joe Pulizzi, Andrew Davis, Ann Handley, Marcus Collins, and Melanie Diezel.
So, without further ado, let’s get into some audio spoon-feeding and do our best to tap into and share the powerful and inspiring experience of all the feels and learns from Content Marketing World.
On this episode, John Tolley and Jay Sharman discuss:
- The top three memories from Content Marketing World 2021.
- Over-arching themes of the conference.
- The best of the best keynote speakers and breakout sessions including:
– Andrew Davis’ “constraints breed creativity” speech
– Joe Pulizzi’s content marketing as a movement
– Jay Baer’s customer moat metaphor and takeaways
– Nativo’s Sarah Dale’s stat that will amaze you
– Quest Digital’s Jacquie Chakirelis’ purpose marketing case study
- We break down the latest in content marketing technology, toys and resources
- Plus, John puts Jay on the spot for his Morning Musts and Bedside Bookstand reads.
If you want to dig in deeper after listening to this podcast, here are the various podcast episodes we mentioned on the show.
- Andrew Davis on Brand Story, Inc. 2020
- The Tilt’s Joe Pulizzi on Brand Story, Inc. 2021
- Nativo CRO, Sarah Dale on Brand Story, Inc. August 2021
- The Content Fuel Framework with Melanie Deziel on Brand Story, Inc. 2021
- W+K’s Marcus Collins on injecting humanity into content, Brand Story, Inc. 2021
- Joe Pulizzi’s This Old Marketing episode with Robert Rose on content marketing as a movement and highlights of their keynote speeches at CMW.
If you’d like to purchase access to the dozens of keynote speeches and breakout sessions or dive deeper into Content Marketing World, register here and let them know Brand Story, Inc. sent you!
We want to hear from you. Share this podcast, give us your feedback and hit me up with topic suggestions and guest ideas. Brand Story, Inc. is for you, so let’s make it great together. You can ping me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @_JaySharman. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!