Brand Story, Inc. guests’ “origin stories” are as unique as each episode’s content. I recently discovered Evolution Media Capital principal, Tavish Zausner-Mannes when Team Marketing Report listed his “chronically underfollowed” Twitter account among its recent top sports business social follows list.
The rabbit hole exercise of following Tavish led me to Evolution Media Capital’s “21 charts for 2021” impacting the sports, media and entertainment markets. As I think you’ll agree, the robust charts are very relevant to our community of listeners.
The evolving world of content
Evolution Media Capital (EMC) is Creative Artists Agency’s (CAA) merchant bank offering merger and acquisition advisory, capital raising and industry research services. Knowing some of you are tasked with increasing enterprise value for your content studio while others are looking to better connect your brand with prospects, I couldn’t think of a better 2021 trends level-setter than Tavish to help us step back and think big picture about the top changing industry factors that we should all be cognizant of this year.
Here are a few of the highlights from this episode:
- The state of streaming and a content studio lens look at 2021.
- Social media platforms, first party data and the pendulum swings of publisher engagement.
- Podcasting and its moment, particularly in sports.
- The creator economy, what it is, how it works and influencers’ ability to monetize it.
- Sports rights deals, possible bubbles and the future of sports content consumption.
- Sports gambling and its impact on the business of sports media.
- Tavish’s one trend most relevant to this community.
- Morning musts – how a guy whose day job it is to know the big picture trends and bouncing ball of company valuations in media stays on top of his game.
We want to hear from you. Share this podcast, give us your feedback and hit me up with topic suggestions and guest ideas. Brand Story, Inc. is for you, so let’s make it great together. You can ping me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @_JaySharman. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!