Brand Story, Inc. continues our Future of Sports Content series with today’s episode The Future of Sports Gambling Content. Our guest is Teresa Fiore from PointsBet where she serves as the Manager of Responsible Gambling and Corporate Social Responsibility.
I’ve recently had the pleasure of getting to know Teresa and she’s “wowed” me with her knowledge and insights on the rapidly evolving sports gambling market. Teresa gets the sports content space and how the dots connect and I’m hopeful our intense and fun conversations are captured here in a jam-packed half-hour deep dive.
Teresa has been in the responsible gambling sector since 2016, working at the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, where she oversaw statewide responsible and problem gambling programs for brick-and-mortar casinos. PointsBet is the fastest growing US sports gambling operator and has a landmark media partnership deal with NBC Sports along with being the first operator to ink a sponsorship deal with a college athletics program, which they did with the University of Colorado (they’ve since added the University of Maryland). PointsBet has also been one of the more creative and innovative content creators, publishing truckloads of daily, cross-platform original content. With that, get ready to learn a ton with Teresa.
Episode Highlights Include:
- Teresa’s role at PointsBet and a top-level view of content regulations in the U.S.
- The big picture status and timelines of sports gambling in the U.S.
- The current state of sports gambling content in terms of where we are in the long game.
- Near-term tech innovations impacting sports content experiences.
- Gambling education, addiction awareness and also integrity of sport. Stats, facts, concerns and opportunities in the marketplace.
- College sports protections, areas of improvement and content perspectives.
- Future of in-person sports gambling experiences.
- Potential ratings impact for non-revenue sports.
- Our weekly book stack exploration on the night
Recent Future of Sports Content series episodes:
- Episode 1 – The Future of Women’s Sports – Carol Stiff, former ESPN VP Women’s Sports
- Episode 2 – The Future of College Sports Content – Tom Odjakjian, AAC
Thank you Brand Story, Inc. community for your support as we kick-off our inaugural Future of Sports Content series. We want to continue to hear from you. Share your guest recommendations, topic suggestions, questions and overall feedback. This community is for YOU.
Drop me a note at [email protected] or ping me at LinkedIn here. You can follow Teresa Fiore on LinkedIn here – feel free to let her know what you liked from this episode. Guests love to hear from our listeners. Enjoy the episode!