Today’s guest is Jacie Brandes, Vice President of Portfolio Sales for Penske Media Corporation (PMC). Jacie is a veteran media executive with branded content chops dating back to her time at Time Warner where she ran sales for the tech and finance sector. Before that, she ran sales for the Fortune-Money Group at publishing behemoth, Meredith Media. Jacie started at PMC in March 2020, right as the pandemic disrupted our world and one year later she joins us to share lessons learned.
Media for good
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company that boasts a monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, they’ve been a pioneer in digital and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, among a slew of others.
Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.
We sat down to discuss the evolution of branded content, including:
- How KPIs have evolved from her days at Time and Meredith to now
- Lessons learned from a 100% virtual work experience in the branded content world
- The challenges and opportunities of integrating brands across multiple publishers
- Brands’ evolving value proposition for sponsorship deals involving content
- Publishing’s content community power and the associated value
- Jay Penske’s vision statement and the culture of one of the marketplace’s big disruptors (including acquisition and growth during the pandemic)
- The post-cookie or data tracking world through the sponsorship lens
- Morning musts and book recommendations for our peer set
We want to hear from you. Share this podcast, give us your feedback and hit me up with topic suggestions and guest ideas. Brand Story, Inc. is for you, so let’s make it great together. You can ping me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @_JaySharman. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!
You may also enjoy: