This Brand Story, Inc. podcast episode is one of my favorites of 2020. I have a soft spot for it. Perhaps, it’s Magnet Media founder & CEO Megan Cunningham’s parallel career journey to ours, but this one felt so…deep.
Magnet Media*, a strategic content studio combining storytelling & data, hosts an annual marquee event, The State of the Story, tracking the emerging trends in branded content. We distilled said trends in to a fun conversation that I believe you’ll find feels like you pulled up a chair to an intense, yet fun, shop talk over dinner.
Here are some of the key topics covered in this podcast:
- Magnet Media’s origin story
- The State of The Story Summit key takeaways including:
- Brands’ biggest challenges re: content in late 2020
- World-class virtual events
- Influencer marketing and micro-influencers
- The “think, make, reach” trifecta of podcasting
- Emerging pandemic content trends that are positive
- Building digital communities through content
- Best in class case studies including Peloton & Glossier and a tangent on Morning Brew newsletter
- Morning Musts – best industry sources of content
- Bedside Book Stack – some recommended reads from Megan
I could’ve done a 6-part series with Megan. Let me know your thoughts and if you loved this episode as much as I did. Ping me in the comments or on LinkedIn with your feedback, suggestions and recommendations for guests or topics. Thanks for listening. We appreciate you.
*Magnet Media is now the home of past Brand Story, Inc. guest Jordan Hyman, who was recently named their Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. To say that their roster is stacked with talent would be a vast understatement. And, to listen to Jordan’s episode of Brand Story, Inc., click here.