We continue our LatinX Heritage Month four-part series with Ingrid Otero-Smart, the owner and CEO of Casanova//McCann, the most-awarded Hispanic Agency at Cannes two years in a row.
A native of Puerto Rico, Ingrid is one of the most decorated women in marketing and advertising in the U.S. and on the Mt. Rushmore of LatinX audience knowledge and influence. Brands like Coca-Cola, Chevrolet, US Bank, Ford, US Army and Cigna defer to Ingrid and her team to engage the all-important LatinX audience.
Ingrid has led a career-long crusade, spanning 30+ years, educating non-LatinX brand executives on the buying power of the grossly underserved, undermarketed US LatinX population. Today, she graciously brings her boardroom expertise, insights, and tips for brands to the Brand Story, Inc. audience.
Below are a few of the highlights of this important episode:
- Origin Story. Ingrid’s fascinating journey to becoming one of the few major Latina agency owners in the country.
- Day Job. What Ingrid does to guide brands in the LatinX marketplace.
- Media Landscape. The biggest changes and trends Ingrid is seeing – both good and bad – from brands investing in the LatinX community.
- Case Study Cliff Notes. Ingrid shares a case study to illuminate a best practice for brands to think about.
- The multicultural lens. How current events are changing the dialogue of what multicultural and general market advertising and content marketing mean in 2021.
- LatinX Audience. The stereotypes and complexity of various LatinX cultures and other contributing factors to why the LatinX marketing dollars from brands lag other minority populations.
- The Integrated Content Challenge. Content consumers (like you) enjoy content where they want it, when they want it, yet many brands still cling to to old school model of agency by platform (TV vs. digital) or general market vs. multicultural. We discuss the challenges of brands’ content consistency with so many competing factions at play.
- The ONE Conversation…Ingrid can’t believe she is still having in 2021.
- Morning Musts. Ingrid dishes out his best sources of industry intel and morning routine to stay on his business game.
- Bedside Bookstand. As we do with every guest, we get personal with a book rec.
I invite you to connect with Ingrid Otero-Smart on LinkedIn and follow Casanova// McCann on Twitter so you can get insights on content like we discussed today.
We want to hear from you. Share this podcast, give us your feedback and hit me up with topic suggestions and guest ideas. Brand Story, Inc. is for you, so let’s make it great together. You can ping me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @_JaySharman. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!