TeamWorks Media has its roots firmly planted at the intersection of sports, marketing, and business. So, we jump whenever we get the chance to speak with one of the sharpest minds covering that beat.
Jabari Young is CNBC.com’s sports business reporter, covering stories ranging from big $$$ TV network contracts to the influence of agents to the explosive growth of gambling.
On a brand-new episode of Brand Story, Inc., Jabari joins us to cover a number of content-related trends, including the innovation curve emerging as a result of the pandemic, the deluge of investment into sports content/media, and the increasing flurry of athletes as business brands.
Here are some specifics of our fun deep-dive chat:
- Jabari’s business origin story and most intriguing areas of sports business
- The ratings’ 2020 decreases, the impact on linear TV, and the digital media impact
- Digital media innovation trends emerging from the pandemic and the no-fans-in-person impact on future business trends.
- Media company make goods on rating shortfalls and the role of streaming and digital on sports property valuations.
- 2021 winners and losers business-wise emerging from the pandemic disruption
- The explosion of SPACs and sport business verticals gaining as a result.
- Athletes becoming media company owners – the “why”, “how” and what’s next.
- Celebrities’ social channels as media companies and inherent challenges for leagues and teams.
- Morning Musts – how Jabari stays on top of his beat
- Bedside Bookstand – Jabari’s recent reads and recommendations.
We hope you enjoy this exploration into the big picture of sports media and brand storytelling as much as we did creating it! Share your thoughts, feedbacks, questions and recommendations with us so we can better serve the content studio community. Thank you for caring and your support.